Breast Cancer Screening
Breast Cancer Screening Singapore
In Singapore, breast cancer is the most common cancer among females, and 1 in 20 of them have a chance of getting breast cancer in their lifetime. By doing early breast cancer screening, the cancer can be detected in its early stages for treatment to be effective.
What Is The Top Female Cancer In Singapore?
Breast cancer is the top female cancer in Singapore from 2015 to 2019, accounting for 11805 or 29.4% of cases, followed by colon & rectum cancer and lung cancer in second and third place respectively.
How Often Should Breast Cancer Screening Be Done?
The following guidelines are the Ministry of Health (MOH)'s recommendations on breast cancer screening for healthy women:
|Women 50 years old and above||Screening every 2 years is recommended|
|Women between 40 to 49 years old||Annual screening is recommended|
|Women below 40 years old||No screening required, unless you are in the high risk category|
High Risk Category For Breast Cancer
If you belong in the high risk category, it is best to consult your doctor on the frequency of screening. Women in the high risk category have a history of:
- Breast cancer in several close members of the same family
- Members of the same family having other cancers such as ovary and colon cancer (including breast cancer)
- A close relative under the age of 40 having breast cancer
How To Screen For Breast Cancer?
1. The most reliable way to detect breast cancer before the lump can be felt is through regular mammography.
2. The woman herself can do a Breast Self-Examination (BSE). It should be done from from age 30 onwards. BSE is able to help women detect changes in their breast that may result from the interval between regular mammography.
Credits & Note: The above information is adapted from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) health screening guidelines and not meant to be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.
These are the prices of the above-mentioned tests:
|Ultrasound Breast with Mammogram||$240.00|
*Prices are before GST and subject to GST.
Health Screening with ATA Medical
Want to skip the queue at the polyclinic? We are a one-stop health screening clinic equipped with Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Ultrasound scans for your medical examination and full body check up.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Central Business District (CBD) at Anson Road, and just a 4-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
Why Use Us?
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Generally, you are encouraged to consult our doctor if you are a walk-in patient without any referrals. This is recommended because the results require contextual interpretation and follow up. There will be a consultation fee of $35 before GST.
What You Need To Bring
1. Identification Card/Documentations and Memo/Referral Letter (if any).
2. For Payment: Cash, NETS, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Union Pay, Grab Pay or PayNow.
How Long Does It Take?
1. On average, most of our patients finish their breast cancer screening within 30 to 60 minutes during off peak hours. Please feel free to enquire about the best appointment times with least waiting time.
2. The report will be ready in 72 hours and will be emailed to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wearing of loose-fitting clothing is encouraged. For mammograms or ultrasound breast scans, please wear a two-piece outfit.
During off-peak hours, we should finish your tests within 30 to 60 minutes. You may also enquire with us through WhatsApp or Call at 88933757 about the best appointment times.
When performing breast
cancer screening for women above 40, a mammogram is considered the choice procedure.
It differs from an ultrasound in terms of detecting calcifications (especially
microcalcifications), which is a sign of early stages breast cancer. Ultrasound of
the breast is only able to detect breast cancer when the breast tissue has a growth
that is large enough to be considered.
Due to pain and radiation, many women fear mammograms. With constant technological advancements, the newer models of mammogram machines are more sensitive, which can reduce the pain and radiation during this process.
Yes, it can be done if the doctor deems that it is necessary to perform it.
Health Screening Packages
1. Comprehensive Health Screening: You may also be keen to explore our routine and comprehensive health screening packages. Our Crown Plus ($445), Royal ($612), Jewel ($1299), and Marvel ($2100) packages have various Ultrasound tests bundled with them.