Cervical Cancer Screening
Cervical Cancer Screening
Cervical cancer refers to the cancer of the neck of the womb (cervix), and is the 4th most common cancer among Singaporean females.
Cervical Cancer Risk Factors
You are at a higher risk of having cervical cancer if you:
- Smoke cigarettes
- Engage in sexual intercourse at an early age
- Have multiple sexual partners
- Have a history of sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Have been infected with a particular kind of viral warts (HPV infection)
- Are HIV positive
- Have a weak immune system to combat infection
Those who never had sexual intercourse will have a lower risk of cervical cancer.
How To Screen For Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer screening involves a Pap smear test, which is a simple procedure of obtaining some scrapings from the cervix and examining it under a microscope. It is recommended to go for a Pap smear every 3 years, whereas HIV positive females should do it every year.
Females who have had sexual intercourse should do their Pap smear by 25 years old, and doing the test can be stopped after 65 years old, provided the Pap smear taken at 65 years old and in the past have all been clear.
If you have never engaged in sexual intercourse, Pap smear is not needed but a doctor should be consulted should you have abnormal vaginal discharge.
Credits & Note: The above information is adapted from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) health screening guidelines and not meant to be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.
These are the prices of the above-mentioned tests.
|Human Papillomavirus Test / HPV Test||$150.00|
*Prices are before GST and subject to GST.
Health Screening with ATA Medical
Want to skip the queue at the polyclinic? We are a one-stop health screening clinic equipped with Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Ultrasound scans for your medical examination and full body check up.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Central Business District (CBD) at Anson Road, and just a 4-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
Why Use Us?
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Generally, you are encouraged to consult our doctor if you are a walk-in patient without any referrals. This is recommended because the results require contextual interpretation and follow up. There will be a consultation fee of $35 before GST.
What You Need To Bring
1. Identification Card/Documentations and Memo/Referral Letter (if any).
2. For Payment: Cash, NETS, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Union Pay, Grab Pay or PayNow.
How Long Does It Take?
1. On average, most of our patients finish their cervical cancer screening within 30 to 60 minutes during off peak hours. Please feel free to enquire about the best appointment times with least waiting time.
2. The report will be ready in 72 hours and will be emailed to you.
Health Screening Packages
1. Comprehensive Health Screening: You may also be keen to explore our routine and comprehensive health screening packages. Our Crown Plus ($458), Royal ($642) and Jewel ($1369) packages are comprehensive. You may also opt to include a Pap smear with them where required.