Liver Cancer Screening
Liver Cancer Screening Singapore
The 4th most common cancer among Singaporean males is liver cancer. Compared to a Singaporean female, a Singaporean male is 4 times more likely to suffer from liver cancer. Generally, if you do not have any risk factors, there is no need to screen for cancer. Those with conditions such as chronic hepatitis B infection, hepatitis C liver cirrhosis, and liver cirrhosis from other causes are recommend to undergo screening for liver cancer.
The tests for liver cancer screening include:
- Serum Alpha Fetoprotein (AFP) Level: A protein in the blood when raised, indicates hepatitis and liver cancer
- Ultrasound of the Liver: Gallbladder and bile ducts inclusive
It is recommended that testing for AFP levels should be done every 3 to 6 months, whereas ultrasound liver scan should be done every 6 to 12 months.
Credits & Note: The above information is adapted from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) health screening guidelines and not meant to be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.
These are the prices of the above-mentioned tests.
|Alpha Fetoprotein (AFP)||$35.00|
*Prices are before GST and subject to GST.
Health Screening with ATA Medical
Want to skip the queue at the polyclinic? We are a one-stop health screening clinic equipped with Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Ultrasound scans for your medical examination and full body check up.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Central Business District (CBD) at Anson Road, and just a 4-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
Why Use Us?
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Generally, you are encouraged to consult our doctor if you are a walk-in patient without any referrals. This is recommended because the results require contextual interpretation and follow up. There will be a consultation fee of $35 before GST.
What You Need To Bring
1. Identification Card/Documentations and Memo/Referral Letter (if any).
2. For Payment: Cash, NETS, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Union Pay, Grab Pay or PayNow.
How Long Does It Take?
1. On average, most of our patients finish their liver cancer screening within 30 to 60 minutes during off peak hours. Please feel free to enquire about the best appointment times with least waiting time.
2. The report will be ready in 72 hours and will be emailed to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you are required
to fast for 6 hours if you are doing an ultrasound liver test. This means only plain
water is allowed.
If you are only doing a lipid panel blood test alone, you are not required to fast.
In order for us to achieve a clear image of your liver, it is best to not have presence of any food. Thus, fasting will ensure the optimal accuracy for your ultrasound liver test.
During off-peak hours, we should finish your tests within 30 to 60 minutes. You may also enquire with us through WhatsApp or Call at 88933757 about the best appointment times.
Health Screening Packages
1. Comprehensive Health Screening: You may also be keen to explore our routine and comprehensive health screening packages. Our Crown Plus ($445) package has an AFP test with it, while our Royal ($612), Jewel ($1299), and Marvel ($2100) packages have both ultrasound liver tests and AFP bundled with them.