Prostate Cancer Screening
Prostate Cancer Screening Singapore
From 2015 to 2019, prostate cancer was the 2nd most common cancer among Singaporean males, accounting for 5875 or 15.4% of cases. It can only be cured if the cancer has not spread to the other parts of the body and is limited to the prostate gland.
Should I Be Screened For Prostate Cancer?
If you are at high risk, it is recommended to go for screening. Males above 50 years old with a history of immediate family members who have had prostate cancer below 60 years old are considered to be at high risk.
How To Screen For Prostate Cancer?
- Digital rectal examination (DRE): DRE is a fast and reliable clinical examination of the prostate gland through the rectum, using a gloved finger. Suspicious lumps in the prostate gland can be detected through this procedure.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test: This test can detect the onset of cancer of the prostate gland.
Credits & Note: The above information is adapted from the Ministry of Health's (MOH) health screening guidelines and not meant to be taken as medical advice. Please consult a doctor for medical advice.
These are the prices of the above-mentioned tests:
|Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test||$35.00|
*Prices are before GST and subject to GST.
Health Screening with ATA Medical
Want to skip the queue at the polyclinic? We are a one-stop health screening clinic equipped with Chest X-Ray, Mammogram and Ultrasound scans for your medical examination and full body check up.
Our clinic is conveniently located in the Central Business District (CBD) at Anson Road, and just a 4-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station.
Why Use Us?
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Generally, you are encouraged to consult our doctor if you are a walk-in patient without any referrals. This is recommended because the results require contextual interpretation and follow up. There will be a consultation fee of $35 before GST.
What You Need To Bring
1. Identification Card/Documentations and Memo/Referral Letter (if any).
2. For Payment: Cash, NETS, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Union Pay, Grab Pay or PayNow.
How Long Does It Take?
1. On average, most of our patients finish their prostate cancer screening within 30 to 60 minutes during off peak hours. Please feel free to enquire about the best appointment times with least waiting time.
2. The report will be ready in 72 hours and will be emailed to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are not required
to fast for the PSA blood test or ultrasound prostate test.
However, you are required to drink at least 5-6 glasses of plain water an hour before your test. Please also avoid urination to keep your bladder full.
During off-peak hours, we should finish your tests within 30 to 60 minutes. You may also enquire with us through WhatsApp or Call at 88933757 about the best appointment times.
Health Screening Packages
1. Comprehensive Health Screening: You may also be keen to explore our routine and comprehensive health screening packages. Our Crown Plus ($445), Royal ($612), Jewel ($1299), and Marvel ($2100) packages have various Ultrasound tests bundled with them.